Traffic is the life blood of any site and what we strive for. Here are 10 Surefire ways to Increase Blog Traffic.
1. Great Content – Write content that entices visitors and increases readership. People read and stay onto to a blog that delivers valuable content and not just rehearsed crap. There is a lot of content on the web, but there’s always room for quality content. Ensure that you stick to your niche topics and your posts have a takeaway for the reader.
Must Read -> Blog Post Checklist
2. Post Consistently – Posting on your blog consistently shows commitment towards it. The frequency of posting is determined by your niche and the amount of determination in you to make it a success. People like routine & consistency. If you’re posting 7 articles a week during the initial days of blogging, make sure you maintain or increase it 6 months down the line as well.
3. Keyword Research – If you’re looking at getting free traffic i.e, traffic from search engines – make sure you know how to do keyword research and target the terms that bring you traffic.
4. Search Engine Optimization – Along with your keyword research and great content, ensure you basic on page SEO factors covered as well.
Must Read -> SEO Checklist for Blog Posts
4. Backlinks – Backlinks are fuel for SEO. Once you’ve done you’re Keyword Research and written solid killer content that includes your keywords, it’s time for backlinks. They are votes from other sites to your site and help you rank higher in search engine result pages. Here’s how to build backlinks to your site
5. Blog Commenting – An effective way to promote your posts and build up your brand. A great blog comment on a blog with high traffic can bring unexpected spikes in traffic.
6. Social Bookmarking – Go to Socialposter.com and fill in the exact url to your blog post then title, general summary text then your tags. Now submit to as many social sites as you can. If this is your first time to use these sites then you will need to signup. Social Bookmarking helps you get the word out for your new post and helps build backlinks to your article as well.
7. Guest Blogging – If you have the time and energy to write posts and market your blog, a great way is Guest Posting. Afterwards, visit the blogs of those commented and comment on their blog. It’s a great way to get the word about your blog, build a relationship and attract targeted visitors that may convert to readers.
8. Social Media – There are great benefits of using social media tools such as Facebook or Twitter. The key to succeeding with social media is to encourage prospects interested in your niche to become your followers.
9. Forums – Be a part of forums in your niche. If you have answers, respond to people’s queries with a keen interest and you will attract traffic. Remember this quote from Napoleon Hill “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way”
10. Don’t be an Introvert – Lastly – take part in contests, join in the crowd and promote. Don’t sit back and hope the online world will find you. Speak out and get yourself noticed