As we discussed in my previous on SEO Checklist for Blog Posts, A Title tag is one of the most important factors for ranking your posts high in Search Engine Result Pages.
So, Which of the following separators Should You Use In Title Tags:
Google Engineer Matt Cutts has said that , you can use any of the above separators in your Title Tag except for the underscore “_” separator.
You can refer the below video from Matt Cutts as well:
Take Home for us from Matt’s Video
- The only thing that isn’t a really great separator is Underscore, because you might have a_b and Google treats that like a_b instead of a b.
- Spaces, commas, pipes, dashes are good separators from an SEO point of view.
- In general, we should focus on making a title that looks good to users and we could use any of the separators like spaces, dashes, commas or pipes.
- Any of the separators that you think looks good for users or converts well can be used in the Title tag as a separator, as there is not much of a difference from an SEO point of view.
- Stay away from underscore separator, it’s not recommended at all.
Do let us know which separators you use for your Title Tags. Also, we would love to hear from you on which Title Tags work well from an SEO point fo view?