In this post we will go over a large number of ways in which you can promote your blog or website, so make sure you bookmark this page as you will want to get back to it later on.
Start with Freebies
Whether you have a new website or a seasoned one it is always a good strategy to give out something for free, that always attracts a great number of visitors and returning users to your website. So here are a few ideas to help you promote your website with free stuff:
– Free report on your niche or a certain topic
– Free Ebook
– Free plugin or app
– Free sample product if you have one
– Make sure your free products, ebooks and reports are featured in your emails and on giveaway events and promote them through other blogs as well
Social Connections and Brand Marking
Free stuff always attracts people, but in order to keep your visitors and to get known throughout the internet and your niche in particular you need to utilize the power of social media. The first step is to create accounts and promote your brand with the same images and same approach so that people will remember you or your brand, here is what you shouldn’t miss:
– Build a fan page for your website or brand on Facebook
– Create a Twitter account and engage with your niche and niche leaders
– Do the same with LinkedIn
– You can also start a group on Facebook
– Create social profiles on sites like Ning, About and even Soup
Be Creative and Use Everything You Can
Yeah, free stuff helps, having a known brand is the key, but these are just two examples out of many, so here is a large list of things you can do to promote your website and increase your brand awareness and most of all, your incoming traffic and profits.
– Create a banner for your website that people can easily copy, supply a copy and paste HTML code on your website. This is a great way to promote your website and to build links at the same time.
– If you business deals with clients, whether that is a product or you provide services make sure to include testimonials on your website. Also try to get links from the people that gave you testimonials and to have your banner featured on their website. Giving testimonials is also a way to go about it.
– Of course if you have some money to invest advertising is always a good idea. You can use Adwords or other advertisers like Bing and Facebook. Advertising on blogs and websites in your niche is the best way to go about it, so always think about direct advertising.
– Make sure that everything new you do or publish like a new product or a new service or even a new event that is about to happen is featured in a press release. There is nothing good for traffic like creating a good newsworthy buzz.
– One of my favorite methods is guest blogging. This is a great way to get some in-content links and get some immediate attention to your website as well.
– One of the basic ways of promoting is to organize an online event or a giveaway. A contest is also a great way to get great amounts of traffic and also create a buzz around your brand name.
– You can also use the easiest tactics of them all, simply ask your visitors what they want to see on your website in the future and then act on the feedback received. On that note, if you have any suggestions or questions, requests, feel free to leave a comment and I will make sure to either answer directly in the comment or write a post about it.
– Create a useful video. Videos are the easiest way to attract new visitors, people like media, they don’t like to read much, so videos are a great way to offer them something and get them to visit your website.
– Always add clearly visible bookmarking applications to your website. You don’t have to overdo it. Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkedIn and StumbleUpon will suffice, maybe a few more related to your niche. Make it easy for your users to spread your content.
– We mentioned testimonials, but make sure if you have a product or a service to ask other bloggers in your niche to review your product or services. You may have to offer them for free, but hey, it is a form of advertising that brings great traffic, so don’t be shy about it.
– Write useful guides for your specific topic, that always attracts visitors and people that want to learn more about your market.
– I forgot to mention, if you have a product or a service you probably offer some discounts, if not make sure you have a few. Once you have them make sure to include those discounts and coupons on various websites like RetailMeNot.
I won’t mention the obvious SEO methods as they are already listed on this blog, link building and onpage SEO are a must, but these are some of the best ways to directly promote your website and get immediate results.