If you’re looking to start a small business on the internet which may be a blog or a website, the first step to building a successful it is selecting the best web hosting for your small business to meet your needs. With all the various options of web hosting companies and the hunky dory features it does get difficult for a layman to select the right web hosting.
Few steps to select the Best Web Hosting for Small Business
1. Marketing – Don’t fall for marketing tactics adopted by web hosting companies. Most of them tend to oversell their services by offering you unlimited bandwidth and tonnes of disk space. If you’re just starting out you would anyway not receive a huge amount of traffic to utilize their unlimited bandwidth or utilize their tonnes of disk space.
2. Focus on Reliability – Many people fail to look at reliability of the web hosting services, but it is the most important factor which you should focus on. Uptime of servers and speed should be your main concern as speed is one Google’s ranking factors as well.
3. Research on your Prospective Web Hosting Company – There are millions of websites out there that provide you ratings on all web hosting companies. Find a sane website that does not base their judgement on referral incomes solely. Another good method is to visit forums & check out reviews of your prospective web hosting company.
4. Evaluate their Service – A good way to check on their support is by contacting your prospective web hosting company on live chat or even better through phone. You will get an idea of how long they take to respond and their overall approach to customer support. An even better option would be to use a friend’s etc account to chat with technical support to find out the level of technical knowledge of their support staff.
5. Costing – As a newbie starting out, don’t base your decision completely on cost as going slightly cheaper could cost you a lot in the long run. If you’re looking to have a serious future on the internet, think of your web hosting company as your long-term investment. Of course, you wouldn’t want to be focusing on resolving issues with your web hosting company when you could be doing something else worthwhile on your site to build it up! There are a lot of free web hosting companies out there as well – Don’t be lured and stay away!
If you’re looking for a good web hosting , we suggest you go with Hostgator – We’ve hosted with them and they’re reliable and have an excellent uptime. You can sign up with coupon code FORCLP25OFF to avail 25% discount. You can learn how to sign up with hostgator easily