Backlinks are fuel for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Backlinks is the whole & sole reason you will receive loads of traffic from search engines. Links from other sites to your site are basically a ‘vote’ that tell search engines you are trusted and you are a good resource for whatever your content is about. Today, we will see the most popular known methods to build backlinks to your site.
7 Killer Ways to Build Backlinks
1. Blog Commenting – Commenting on relevant blogs in your niche is one of the best methods to build backlinks to your site. But, you should remember most of the blogs have nofollow tag by default and will not pass their link juice to your site when you comment. The trick here is to find blogs with the dofollow tag who pass link juice when you comment on them. It would be an icing on the cake if you could find dofollow blogs with keywordluv enabled as that will enable you to get your backlink with the anchor text of your choice. A great way to find dofollow blogs is by using Free Blog Commenter or google search operators
2. Forums – Recently we’ve come across this fact that there are hundreds of dofollow forums with high PR. Forums are places where you can network with like-minded people and use your links during your sign up stage. Also another good way is to add links to your forum signatures. You need to remember that if you join a forum that is very popular with 1000′s of posts, your backlinks are not going to be that powerful as it could be from a forum with a lesser no. of posts. You can find some good forums relating to your niche from http://www.big-boards.com which lists around 2000 forums in many different niches.
3. Article Marketing – Promoting your site with the help of article marketing is a very well-known strategy to build up backlinks as well as traffic. You need to be choosy while selecting your article directories out there as there a lot of them that are more like link farms and google’s recent panda update devalued these sites. Few of the well-known article directories are Ezine & GoArticles.
4. Web 2.0 & Free Blogging Sites – Another great source of obtaining backlinks to your sites are web 2.0 sites like squidoo & hubpages. These web 2.0 sites allow you to create your own pages and can write any topic of your choice and get a one way link with anchor text of your choice. Free blogging sites like wordpress.com, blogger.com & typepad allows you to create your own free blogs on any niche and write content of your choice with relevant links.
5. Directory Submissions – There are a lot of directories that you can submit your site to. Submitting your links to directories like Yahoo & Dmoz will help you build up backlinks to your site. Although you will find a lot of free directories that you can submit your site to, we would not recommended that as obtaining links from bad neighbourhoods is also not good for your overall SEO strategy.
6. Guest Posting – If not all, most of the popular blogs accept guest posting. It helps not only in obtaining backlinks, but helps you build a brand for your site and gets you laser targeted traffic. A few of the popular blogs that accept guest posts are Traffic Generation Cafe, IBlogZone, FamousBloggers, DailyBlogTips & ShoutmeLoud.
7. Social Bookmarking Sites – Bookmarking your websites on Social networks like Digg, StumbleUpon, Facebook, & Twitter can help you get backlinks. Also, if your post makes it to the top of a Digg or goes viral in StumbleUpon – you could end up receiving a lot of traffic.
Feel free to let us know if you use some other strategy, methods to build backlinks to your site.