In one of our earlier posts Benefits of Using Two Sitemaps, we discussed the importance of sitemaps on your blog to help google indexes your posts and pages faster.
Google does index pages that have a lot of links faster as the google bot reads data in the form of links, so basically we give google what they need and end up getting indexed faster.
Google XML Sitemap WordPress Plugin helps generate a sitemap that helps search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com index your blog at a faster pace.
After creating the sitemap all you need to do is submit your sitemap to all the search engines with the help of their own web master tools. The beauty of this plugin is that it works all by itself – whenever a new post / page is added to your blog, it’s added to the existing sitemap.
Features of Google XML Sitemap Plugin
- User interface to customize all parameters like priorities etc.
- Available in many languages
- Generates automatically a sitemap for all types of WordPress pages
- Calculates a priority for each post, based on the number of comments
- Notifies Ask.com, Google, Bing and YAHOO about changes via ping
- Includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
- Generates a static XML file as well as a zipped version
You can download the Google XML Sitemap Plugin