Firefox is the most downloaded and used browser all over the internet. The biggest advantage of using a firefox browser is that it can cater to the needs of an amateur to a professional and can be customized into doing what you would like it do and run.
For bloggers as well there are a whole lot of Firefox add ons that can be used for various activities. Today, we’re listing 5 firefox add ons that we use consistently and think will help you blog better.
SeoQuake is a Firefox SEO add-on aimed primarily at helping web masters who deal with search engine optimization (SEO) and internet promotion of web sites. SeoQuake allows to obtain and investigate many important SEO parameters of the blogs and websites.
Here are few of the many parameters that SeoQuake analyses and throws up:
- Google PR – Google PageRank of current page
- Google Index – Number of indexed pages. Google version
- Google link – Number of links, pointing to the current page. Google version (Except links from concerned domain)
- Google cachedate – Date of current Google cache
- Yahoo Index – Number of indexed pages. Yahoo version.
- Yahoo link – Number of links, pointing to the current page. Yahoo version (Except links from concerned domain).
- Yahoo Linkdomain (LD) – Number of links, pointing to the current domain. Linkdomain (LD) operator finds pages linking to domain, as opposed to link which finds references to a single page. Yahoo version.
- Yahoo Linkdomain2 (LD2) – Number of links, pointing to the current domain (2-level domain). Linkdomain2 (LD2) operator finds pages linking to an entire domain, as opposed to linkdomain (LD) which finds references to a current domain (subdomain for example). Yahoo version.
- Yahoo Directory – Domain presence in the Yahoo Directory.
- MSN Index – Number of indexed pages . MSN version.
- MSN link – Number of links, pointing to the current page. MSN version (Except links from concerned domain).
- MSN Linkdomain (LD) – Number of links, pointed to the current domain. Linkdomain (LD) operator finds pages linking to domain, as opposed to link which finds references to a single page. MSN version.
- MSN Linkdomain2 (LD2) – Number of links, pointing to the current domain (2-level domain). Linkdomain2 (LD2) operator finds pages linking to an entire domain, as opposed to linkdomain (LD) which finds references to a current domain (subdomain for example). MSN version.
FireShot is a Firefox plugin that captures entire or visible area webpage screenshots directly from your Firefox Browser. FireShot also offers a set of editing tools which help you edit the web page captures and insert text annotations, graphical annotations etc. FireShot plugin can be very useful to webmasters who prefer to use web page images for tutorials , how to’s etc.
Features of Fireshot:
- Uploaded to FREE public screenshot hosting
- saved to disk (PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP)
- Printing Option
- Copy to clipboard Option
- Option to e-mail
- Option to send to configurable external editor for further processing
Autofill Forms enables you to fill out web forms with one click or a keyboard shortcut. You need to set it up once with different profiles of your choice and you’re good to fire up comments on multiple blogs at the click of a button. You have the ability to create multiple profiles which helps you comment on blogs with different commenting platforms & assign different profiles for specific website.
Features of AutoFill Forms
- Easy configuration with a simple interface.
- Fills out web forms with one click or a keyboard shortcut.
- Input fields not automatically matched can be filled out via the context menu.
- Features a completely customizable ruleset to determine the input for each form element.
- Provides a simple rule editor to define custom rules.
Zemanta is a tool that looks over your shoulder while you blog and gives you tips and advice, suggests related content and pictures and makes sure your posts get promoted as they deserve to be. Zemanta expands the author’s regular blogging or email dashboard, populating it on the fly with content suggestions relevant to the current text. It presents images, links, articles, tags in a simple interface. It encourages re-use and linking to other content with as little effort as possible – a single click.
Features of Zemanta
- While you write your posts it suggests related articles, images, links and tags
- Affiliate linking support
- Spam-free database of 50.000 news sources and blogs
- Copyright filtering of suggested images
FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP/SFTP client for Mozilla Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP/SFTP servers through your Firefox Browser. This means that you can upload & download your files through your browser easily. Along with transferring your files quickly and efficiently.
FireFTP also includes more advanced features such as:
- Cross-platform: Works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
- Secure: SSL/TLS/SFTP support, same encryption used with online banking and shopping
- Synchronization: Keep directories in sync while navigating
- Directory Comparison: Compare directory content (compares subdirectories too!)
- International: Available in over 20 languages
- Character Set Support: UTF8 and just about any other character encoding supported
- Automatic reconnect and resuming of tranfers
- Integrity Checks of transfers (XMD5, XSHA1)
- Export/Import accounts
- Remote Editing
- File Hashing: Generate hashes of files (MD5, various SHA’s)
- Drag & Drop
These 5 Firefox Add-ons will help you take blogging to a different level altogether. If you’re not on firefox, you need to get on now – it will help your websites load quicker and improve your overall experience